Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's Time

With apologies to the Tribe, who will go for the series win against the Royals today with El Diablo on the mound, this day belongs to one team – more specifically, one man.

Throughout the LeBronification of the Pistons’ series, the thought that kept running through my head is, “what is this kid going to do next…what will he do for an encore”.

Using the King’s favorite, Jay-Z, and his unbelievable song with Linkin Park “Numb/Encore”, I present some alternate lyrics, worthy of a King.

To optimize your viewing experience, watch the video on YouTube here in one browser and read along with the lyrics on this page in another browser.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're far too kind

Now can I get an encore, do you want more
Cooking raw with the Akron boy
So for one last time I need y'all to roar

Now what the hell are you waiting for
After me, there shall be no more
So for one last time, make some noise

Get ‘em Bron

Who you know fresher than King? Riddle me that
The rest of y'all know where I'm physically at
Can't none of y'all mirror me back
Yeah seeing me play is like seeing the big O in his prime
I'm, young G.I.., rap's Grateful Dead
Back to take over the globe, now break bread
I'm in, Boeing jets, Global Express
Out of Summit County but the blueberry still connect
On the low but the yacht got a triple deck
But when you young, what the hell you expect? Yep, yep
Grand opening, grand closing
Damn your man King cracked the can open again
Who you gonna find doper than him with no pen
Just draw off inspiration
Soon you gonna see you can't replace him
With cheap imitations for THESE GENERATIONS

Now can I get an encore, do you want more
Cooking raw with the Akron boy
So for one last time I need y'all to roar

Now what the hell are you waiting for
After me, there shall be no more
So for one last time, people make some noise
What the hell are you waiting for

Look what you made me do, look what I made for you
Knew if I paid my dues, how will they pay you
When you first come in the game, they try to play you
Then you drop a couple of hits, look how they wave to you
From St. V’s to the Q
To the only thing that matters in just a matter of years
As fate would have it, Bron's status appears
To be at an all-time high, perfect time to say goodbye (to the Spurs)

When I come back like Jordan, wearing the 4-5
It ain't to play games with youIt's to aim at you, probably maim you
If I owe you I'm blowing you to smithereeens
Tim Duncan take one for your team

And I need you to remember one thing (one thing)
I came, I saw, I conquered
From NBA records, to sold out arenas
So Cavs fans if you want this encore
I need you to scream, 'til your lungs get sore

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
And every second I waste is more than I can take
I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you
I've become so numb

Can I get an encore, do you want more
I've become so numb
So for one last time I need y'all to roar

One last time I need y'all to roar

Cleveland…it’s time to roar.

6 comments:

t-bone said...

Has anyone else watched Lebron dunking over the Big Funadmental 4,202 times today, or is it just me?

Has anyone else watched the new Witness commercial 5,201 times today, or is it just me?

Is anyone else's dad wearing a SHOOT BOOBIE SHOOT shirt to work today, or is it just me?

Has anyone else had a productivity level of ZERO today in anticipation of tonight, paired with the afternoon delight at the Jake today, or is it just me?

t-bone said...

Beau knows baseball.

Ray said...

RISE UP

t-bone said...

well, at least it couldn't have been any worse. right?

Cy Slapnicka said...

the upside is tremendous.

i hope larry hughes doesn't see the floor sunday. i know he's injured, but he's just not effective right now. i don't care if he shows a lot of heart by playing.

Unknown said...

Watching the Tribe game right now and Underwood made a reference to the blonde hair hat giveaway the Red's had...and I am parapharing here but Manning then says something like..."thats how they wear their hair down here...everybody has mulletts"...and you could tell he was trying to make a joke but it did not come off that well buz Underwood was silent and immediately changed the subject. Hilarious...Cincitucky. I love Manning