Saturday, December 13, 2008

Woodzoski (The Close)

While this generally would wait for a Lazy Lazy, it’s something that must be shared as soon as possible as I nearly spit my coffee out over this morning’s edition of the PD. Casually, I was reading that (as the headline reads), “Tribe could decide today whether to sign Wood”, thinking nothing of it, when my stomach dropped.

Before showing this clipping (yes, I actually clipped it out of the paper), know that I have neither the talent nor inclination (mostly the talent) to pull off one of those Photo Shop pictures that are meant to confuse and embarrass. No, the PD pulled this one off all on its own:
What’s wrong with that, right?
Look closer at the picture, or allow me to utilize this scanner and show it to you up a little closer:

This is the closer we’re giving $20M to over two years? This…this…looks like….NO!!!
We thought we were out from under the spell of The Big Borowski and now the PD mocks us by showing a picture of “Kerry Wood” that is actually the last Cubs’ reliever that the Indians signed who had arm trouble.

Look, everyone’s entitled to make mistakes (Lord knows I’ve made my share), but the PD and cleveland.com have given us loads of unintentional comedy…Brodzoski (The Close), anyone? And this just brings up too many thoughts of foreshadowing and nauseas moments for me to pass up letting it slide by…much less excluding the out-of-towners on the fun.

Just thought I’d share.
See you tomorrow for the Lazy one.

2 comments:

Rockdawg said...

No wonder the newspaper industry is going down in flames...The guy gets signed for 10 million a year and they can't get his picture right...unreal.

Speaking of 10 million a year, that's a heck of a lot of money. Good to see the Tribe is still willing to gamble a bit.

The A.G.B said...

Wow. I hope that is not an omen of things to come.